Find answers to all your questions regarding the $THEO token and ecosystem
An open-source community that maintains the $THEO token and related smart contracts.
$THEO is a utility token that grants premium members exclusive priority access to a starter home. $THEO rewards the top 4,000 members for providing liquidity and maintaining the ecosystem.
$THEO can be purchased at a discount on Theopetra Labs’ home page, for $ETH or $USDC.
- Yes. New $THEO tokens are minted when someone buys new tokens, when stakers earn rebates, and when the core team’s allocation vests (28% of total tokens).
Yes. Theopetra Labs will use the proceeds to donate to Real Equality for America Today, a non-profit that provides affordable rentals.
- Priority access to a new, better form of a starter home is the main purpose of the $THEO token. (This is akin to owning a ticket at a stadium.)
- Members get rebates in $ETH and $THEO from staking the $THEO token, as a reward for donating, providing liquidity, and helping solve the housing crisis.
- By staking your $THEO, you can become eligible for $THEO rebates. We call this being a “Standard” member.
- By staking and locking your $THEO for 12 months, your $THEO rebates will increase. If you’re one of the 4000 largest locked $THEO stakers, you will also be eligible for $ETH rebates once available. We call this being a “Premium” member.
When the $REAT affordable housing flywheel has begun producing $STX rewards. We estimate Q2 in 2023.
It depends on multiple external factors: The number of $REAT miners and amount mined, the number of $REAT stakers and amount staked, and the number of $THEO Premium members and amount staked.
There are no guarantees to $ETH rebates.
- Owning $THEO will not give you a home, it will give you front-of-the-line access to a starter home via the community's partnership with T-Homes.
- It is a rebate program, exclusive to the Theopetra community, in which T-Homeowners can earn rewards for paying on time.
- Rebates will be determined with a variety of factors, including if T-Homes owns the building. Rebates will vary and are not guaranteed.
T-Homes will determine how Premium Passes will be redeemed.
- No. It’s an open-source community.
- Partially. The $THEO smart contracts are permissionless and open for everyone to participate in, but there are policy settings that only the Theopetra Labs Executive Cave / Policy team can modify such as discount and staking rates, for now.
- The moving of funds between Stacks and Ethereum is also done in a centralized manner using the Theopetra Labs Treasury team multi-sig wallet.
The Theopetra Labs team does not know nor care.
- The proceeds from $THEO donations will be used to mine $REAT in the $REAT flywheel. $REAT is a token on the Stacks blockchain.
- Mining $REAT supports the REAT non-profit, which provides affordable housing to more Americans.
No. The community's partner REAT non-profit will own real estate.
Yes, the community plans to seed an initial $THEO/$USDC liquidity pool.